A Day of Service and Goodness: Sunday, May 17th
In Honor of Saint Mary’s 125th Anniversary
On Sunday, May 17, instead of our regular services, we will gather at 9 AM to go out into our communities to joyfully serve others in hands-on projects. Join in our Day of Service and Goodness as a way to give thanks to God for 125 years of life together as a faithful Christian community. Invite your friends and neighbors.Wear work clothes only!
There will be FIVE service projects. You select which one to participate in:
- EARTHKEEPING: Clean up Route 1 by picking up trash along the roadway
- GARDENING: Garden clean-up and planting at the home of a Falmouth resident who needs our help (Bring whatever gardening, raking tools you might want to employ… and a tarp, if you have one)
- VISITING ELDERS: Go to Falmouth-by-the-Sea for a hymn sing and readings, followed by visiting with residents who would be cheered by our company
- HOUSEHOLD HELP: Help a client of the Falmouth Food Pantry who needs labor help (cleaning the refrigerator, raking the yard, washing windows, and making some minor repairs)
- FOOD PANTRYWORK: Help the Falmouth Food Pantry to move items back into their newly renovated space
Gather at 9 AM in the Parish House Auditorium for coffee and prayer. Then we’ll go out on our various projects to serve and spread goodness around!We’ll be out at projects for about 2 hours.
Gather again at 12 Noon in the Auditorium for Communion and lunch.
There will be subs of all kinds from Subway! No need to bring anything – just come and eat!